To be held at Thinktank, Birmingham 17.30-19.00
(meet at the Giant Screen Cinema entrance/cafeteria)
A warm invitation to join the meeting is extended to:
- All who attended the first volunteering evening at Gosta Green on 25th April
- All who earlier expressed an interest in supporting the work of the Branch but who could not make the first meeting
- The Branch Chairman, Secretary, and other Branch Committee Members
- Anyone else who would like to contribute to the work of the Association.
The purpose of the meeting
The Branch Committee welcomed the contributions from the first meeting and would now like the volunteers to help develop a plan for two public events for the 2013-14 Branch programme. The essence of the meeting and the subsequent events are to help promote science, in the broadest sense, to the “community” at large. When finished the expectation is for the volunteers to present their plans to the Committee for inclusion in the overall Branch programme. The Branch Chairman, Secretary and other Committee members will be available for consultation through the planning stage.
At this stage each plan should be carefully thought through but with a concise summary. Each should address the following issues:
- Nature and content of the event (including who will lead it). Why is this science important for the general public?
- Target audience
- How would you propose to promote the event?
- Resources: finance, manpower, venue, equipment etc.
- Risk assessment: what are the risks and how would you mitigate them?
Please come and join us on the 3rd June; further information can be obtained from the Branch Secretary, Anita Shervington at firstname.lastname@example.org or from the Branch’s Facebook and Twitter pages.